IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING, COPYING, INSTALLING, OR USING.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD, COPY, INSTALL, OR USE THIS CONTENT UNTIL YOU (THE "LICENSEE") HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY DOWNLOADING, COPYING, INSTALLING, OR USING THE CONTENT, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SO AGREE, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, COPY, INSTALL, OR USE THE CONTENT.
If you agree to this Agreement on behalf of a company, you represent and warrant that you have authority to bind such company to this Agreement, and your agreement to these terms will be regarded as the agreement of such company. In that event, "Licensee" herein refers to such company. This Agreement is a legal contract between Licensee and Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC a Delaware limited liability company (d/b/a ON Semiconductor) having its principal place of business at 5005 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix, Arizona 85008, U.S.A., ("ON SEMICONDUCTOR") and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("ON Semiconductor").
1. Delivery of Content. Licensee agrees that it has received a copy of the Content, including Software (i.e. human-readable and editable code ("source code"), executable code ("object code")), data sheets, BOMs, schematics, application notes, design & development tools, evaluation board material (i.e. BOM, Gerber, user manual, schematic, test procedures, etc.), design models, reference designs, reference manuals, and other related material (collectively the "Content") for the purpose of enabling Licensee to use the Content and then incorporate the functionality of such Content for use only with ON Semiconductor Products. Licensee agrees that the delivery of any Software does not constitute a sale and the Software is only licensed.
2.1 License Grant.
a) ON Semiconductor hereby grants to Licensee a fully paid-up, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sublicensable license to modify the Software as necessary to enable Licensee’s products ("Licensee Products") utilizing the Software to operate, or interface with only products sold to Licensee by or on behalf of ON Semiconductor ("ON Semiconductor Products").
b) In addition, ON Semiconductor hereby grants to Licensee a fully paid-up, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to: (i) use the Content, including as modified by Licensee, with Licensee Products solely for the purpose of enabling such Licensee Products to operate or interface with only ON Semiconductor Products; (ii) copy the Content as necessary for such use; and (iii) distribute only the Software and modified Software in a format which is executable by a machine and not human-readable, to Licensee's third party end-user customers ("Customer(s)") for use by such Customers strictly in conjunction with Licensee Products and solely for the purpose of enabling such Licensee Products to operate or interface with ON Semiconductor Products.
c) Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, no license or right of any kind is granted herein by ON Semiconductor (or its licensors/suppliers) to Licensee to disclose, distribute or otherwise provide the Content, Software or Modifications (defined below) in a format which is customarily read and edited by humans to Licensee's customers or to any third party, with the sole exception of Licensee's consultants and subcontractors (i) that have a need to have access to such source code for purposes of the license grant of this Agreement, and (ii) that have entered into a written confidentiality agreement ("NDA") with Licensee specifying that such source code is ON Semiconductor confidential information and preventing unauthorized use or disclosure of such source code.
d) Licensee agrees that it shall not take any actions whatsoever that could or would cause the Content, Software, or Modifications or any portion thereof to become subject to the GNU General Public License (GPL), GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), Mozilla Public License (MPL), Artistic License, Apache License, Q Public License, IBM Public License, or any other open source license requiring the distribution of the Software or Modifications or any part thereof in any code format.
e) In the event Licensee makes modifications to the Software made by or on behalf of Licensee (each a "Modification"); Licensee shall notify ON Semiconductor of any Modifications and provide ON Semiconductor with a source code formatted copy of each such Modification within thirty (30) days of making such Modifications. ON Semiconductor shall own any Modifications to the Software.
f) Licensee shall retain, and shall require each Customer to retain, all copyright and other notices within the Content, Software and Modifications developed by Licensee hereunder.
g) Licensee may only distribute the Software or Modifications to its Customers pursuant to a written license agreement. At a minimum such license agreement shall safeguard ON Semiconductor's ownership rights to the Software. Such license agreement may be a "break-the-seal" or "click-to-accept" license agreement.
h) The Content is licensed for use only with the ON Semiconductor Products. Use of the Content with non-ON Semiconductor Products is not licensed hereunder.
2.2 Ownership; No Implied Licenses. Subject to the licenses expressly granted herein by ON Semiconductor to Licensee, ON Semiconductor (and/or its licensors/suppliers) retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Content and all patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and all other proprietary or intellectual rights therein. ON Semiconductor (and/or its licensors/suppliers) reserves all rights not expressly granted hereunder, and there are no implied licenses granted by ON Semiconductor hereunder. Certain elements of the Content may be provided in files/data formatted for use with or by certain third party software/tools/products. No licenses or rights to any such third party software/tools/products are granted to Licensee by ON Semiconductor. Licensee shall ensure that it has obtained all necessary licenses and rights to use any such third party software/tools/products which are necessary in order to utilize the Content.
2.3 Restrictions. Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, Licensee shall not use, modify, copy or distribute the Content or Modifications. The Content is the confidential information of ON Semiconductor (and/or its licensors/suppliers). Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, Licensee shall not disclose, or allow access to, the Content or Modifications to any third party. Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, Licensee shall not itself and shall restrict Customers from: copying, modifying, creating derivative work of, decompiling, disassembling or reverse-engineering the Content (or any part thereof).
2.4 Licensee acknowledges and agrees that Licensee is solely and wholly responsible and liable for any and all Modifications, Licensee Products, and any and all other products and/or services of Licensee, including without limitation, with respect to the installation, manufacturing, testing, distribution, use, support and/or maintenance of any of the foregoing.
3. Warranty Disclaimer. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY ON SEMICONDUCTOR TO LICENSEE HEREUNDER "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ON SEMICONDUCTOR (AND ITS LICENSORS/SUPPLIERS) HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES IN RELATION TO THE CONTENT, ANY MODIFICATIONS, OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE,INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, TRADE USAGE, TRADE CUSTOM OR TRADE PRACTICE.
4. No Support Obligation. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that ON Semiconductor (and its licensors/suppliers) has no and shall have no obligation or responsibility whatsoever under this Agreement to provide to Licensee, Customers, or any third party, any maintenance, support or assistance ("Support"), including without limitation in relation to the Content, Software, Modifications or Licensee Products, and ON Semiconductor (and its licensors/suppliers) cannot and shall not be held liable or responsible to Licensee, Customers, or any third party for the failure to provide any such Support. However, during the term of this Agreement ON Semiconductor may from time-to-time in its sole discretion provide such Support to Licensee, and provision of same shall not create nor impose any future obligation on ON Semiconductor to provide any such Support. Such Support may include provision by ON Semiconductor to Licensee of updates and/or upgrades to the Content, which may include bug fixes and/or error corrections, and any such updates and/or upgrades to the Software provided by ON Semiconductor to Licensee shall be deemed and considered to be the Software hereunder and shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Licensee is and shall be solely responsible and liable for any Modifications and for any Licensee Products, and for testing the Software, Modifications and Licensee Products, and for testing and implementation of the functionality of the Software and Modifications with the Licensee Products.
5. Term and Termination.
5.1 Term. The term of this agreement is perpetual unless terminated by ON Semiconductor as set forth herein.
5.2 Termination by ON Semiconductor. ON Semiconductor shall have the right to terminate this Agreement upon written notice to Licensee if: (i) Licensee commits a material breach of this Agreement and does not cure or remedy such breach within thirty (30) days after receipt of written notice of such breach from ON Semiconductor; or (ii) Licensee uses the Software outside of the scope of the Agreement; or iii) Licensee becomes the subject of a voluntary or involuntary petition in bankruptcy or any proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation, or composition for the benefit of creditors if such petition or proceeding is not dismissed with prejudice within sixty (60) days after filing.
5.3 Effect of Termination/Expiration. The following Sections of this Agreement shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason: 2.1(e), 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (excluding only the record retention obligations and audit rights set forth in Section 11.6, which obligations and rights shall terminate upon termination of the Agreement). Any Content or Modifications distributed by Licensee to Customers pursuant to Section 2.1(b)(iii) of this Agreement prior to the effective date of such termination or expiration of this Agreement, shall not be effected solely by reason of such termination or expiration of this Agreement. Upon the effective date of termination of this Agreement, all licenses granted to Licensee hereunder shall terminate and Licensee shall cease all use, copying, modification and distribution of the Content and shall promptly either destroy or return to ON Semiconductor all copies of the Content in Licensee's possession or under Licensee's control. Within 30 days after the termination of the Agreement, Licensee shall furnish a statement certifying that all Content and related documentation have been destroyed or returned to ON Semiconductor.
6. Export. Licensee agrees that it shall comply fully with all relevant and applicable export laws and regulations of the United States or foreign governments ("Export Laws") to ensure that neither the Content, nor any direct product thereof is: (i) exported directly or indirectly, in violation of Export Laws; or (ii) intended to be used for any purposes prohibited by the Export Laws, including without limitation nuclear, chemical or biological weapons proliferation.
7. Limitation of Liability. ON SEMICONDUCTOR (AND ITS LICENSORS/SUPPLIERS) SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OR ANY LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY LOST REVENUE OR PROFITS OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS, OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES WHATSOE